Parent Governor Vacancy
To all parents,
There are two vacancies for Parent Governors at Chelsea Community Hospital School.
The role of the governing body
The governing body is responsible for providing confident and strategic local leadership, and creating robust accountability, oversight and assurance for the school’s, educational and financial performance. Our governors are passionate about education and committed to continuous school improvement to ensure the best possible outcomes for our pupils. See link www.cchs.org.uk/about-us/governors
The role of a parent governor
As a parent governor, you will work with the governing body to make sure it effectively carries out the duties referred to above. You will bring a parent perspective to the governing board, but you’re not there to speak on behalf of parents at the school.
You should have
- A strong commitment to the role and to improving outcomes for pupils
- Good interpersonal skills, curiosity, and a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- The specific skills required to make sure the governing body delivers effective governance
Expectations of governors
All governors, including parent governors, usually serve for a four-year term and are expected to:
- Be qualified to hold office
- Attend one governing body meeting a term. These are usually held at 6.00pm and last approximately two hours. It is possible to attend meetings remotely but governors should attend some meetings in person.
- Attend sub-committee meetings if appointed to serve on a sub-committee.
- Act professionally and abide by agreed governance procedures and policies (code of conduct, conflicts of interest, data safety, governor school visits).
- Abide by school policies and policies agreed by Chelsea Community Hospital School.
- Attend an induction and regular relevant training and development events
- Visit the school when asked to do so as part of an agreed program.
Further Information about the Role
If you have any queries about this process or would like to find out more about the role from a current governor, please contact the Chair of Governors, Francesca Smith (
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role please fill in this form (download application form here) and return it to
If we receive more applications than there are vacancies, a secret ballot will be carried out. We will inform you closer to the time if this is required.